Hacienda La Rusa has proudly announced it has been accepted as a Bronze level GreenLeader into the TripAdvisor® GreenLeaders™ program, which helps travelers around the world plan greener trips by highlighting hotels and B&Bs engaging in environmentally-friendly practices.
TripAdvisor GreenLeaders properties have met a set of environmental standards developed for TripAdvisor by a leading environmental consulting firm, with input from expert partners.
“The TripAdvisor GreenLeaders program recognizes the properties around the world that are committed to environmental sustainability,” said Ryan Dillon, manager of responsible travel at TripAdvisor. “We applaud these businesses, from the smallest B&B to the largest hotel chain, for helping to make eco-friendly trips possible for our community of millions of travelers.”
The TripAdvisor GreenLeaders program was developed in consultation with the United Nations Environment Programme, the U.S. Green Building Council, and ENERGY STAR®, among other leading environmental organizations. For more information, please visit http://www.tripadvisor.com/GreenLeaders.
If you’re the kind of person who sees themselves as a caretaker of the earth – we’re the kind of place for you. Hotel Hacienda La Rusa B&B is proud to be environmentally responsible in our day-to-day operations. The following are some examples of how we do our part to reduce, reuse and recycle:
- We dont cut trees, we plant trees, if we build somewhere where the tree grows, we work around
- We use our grey water for landscaping irrigation
- We mostly use environmentally-friendly cleaning supplies
- We use energy-efficient appliances
- We use only LED lighting for energy efficiency and conservation
- We use solar lighting for patios and garden
- We re-use old wood to build fences, doors and furniture
- We use air dry for the linens and clothing instead of the dryer, when timing permits
- We restore antique furniture
- We recycle plastics
- We use local hand manufactured ecofriendly brick for the buildings as much as we can
- We compost food waste
- We serve only our local Guerrero grown organic coffee
- We are active participants of the beach clean-up party
- We educate our employees regarding proper green practices
We’re just getting started and are open to new products and suggestions to improve!